God, the creator and ruler of all things…day 2
Today we are going to look at some practical things that God created, how sin has perverted it and its affects on us on a daily basis:
1. God create genders. Male and Female, and yet people are changing their genders. This is not a new thing, not by a long shot. But, God when created our gender, He created something sacred and Holy. He did not make a mistake. To change something Holy that God created is arrogant and disrespectful to God. It is saying I will make my own decisions, I am my own god. I will do it my way, I am taking what you did God, and perverting it. It is sin. Genesis 1:27 “So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female he created them.”
2. God created marriage. One male and One female. God designed marriage as something most sacred and holy between one man and one woman. Now we have same sex marriages. It is a sin, because they are perverting something holy that God created. They are defining marriage their way. We now have a father wanting to marry his son, we have a man wanting to marry himself, we have 3 women and 2 men wanting to all be a married “couple.” They are changing the definition God created and perverting it. They are doing it their way and not God’s which is arrogant, disrespectful and sinful. Genesis 2:22-24 “22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. 23 The man said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman, ‘ for she was taken out of man.” 24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
3. God created governments. We are to obey and place ourselves under the authority of the government as long as it does not require us to sin. Romans 13:1 “Let every person be subject to the governing authority. For there is no authority except for God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.”
4. God created the church. God placed Jesus as the head of the church, and the pastor as the under shepherd. To fight against this authority in the church is arrogant and sin. God created this authority. This is his design and His definition. God did not give any of us any authority in this church. If you want things your way, if you do not respect the authority in the Church, you are in sin. You are doing it your way and not God’s. 1 Corinthians 12:27 “Now you are Christ’s body, and individually members of it.” Romans 12:4-5 “For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function, so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.”
5. God created the family. He created the definition for family; one husband, one wife and children. Marriage and family are the first institutions God created and designed. Families are the base unit in society. Through the family values are passed down, morals are passed down, culture, identity. If we lose the family unit, when we make our own definition of family, our society will crumble. This is what God has created. Family is the most important institution on earth. It is sacred and holy, precious before God.
If you do something, anything your way and not God’s way, it is not God’s will. It will never be God’s will. If you are unhappy with what God has given you, you need to work it out with God.
Proverbs 1:8 “Listen my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.”
Col. 3:20 “Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.”